Monday, October 25, 2010

My film debut

I made some jewelry pieces for the upcoming horror film, Boneboys.  It's a gorefest about cannibals and I made a cast sterling silver ring of a pelvis as well as a spinal column necklace.


The stones are synthetic rubies.  I love this photo! The ring looks like a little creature.





I cast the two pieces from plastic skeletons that the costume designer, Colin Wilkes, got at a dollar store or somethin' and added waxwork to both pieces to fill in gaps or make them look better.


I hand-carved the ring with a skeletal pattern to emulate bony fingers holding the tiny pelvis.




Here's the casting of just the spinal column:



Here's a link to the still photographer's flickr page.... http://www.flickr.com/photos/18795933@N06/sets/72157625199428104/

No comments:

Post a Comment